10 entries 4h 5m 33s
- Learnt about authentication basics, security config, API basics
- Learned how to test routes, controllers and database operations
- Learnt how REST is implemented in API patterns
- Used Postman as an API design tool
- Learnt to use JSON Web Tokens with Passport JS for auth
- Opened 3 pull requests on ODIN Project repo for typos and formatting error in NodeJS course
And that's a wrap for my journey through ODIN Project's curriculum. The topics which are not yet religiously covered include Forms and Sanitization, Testing, Security Configuration, advanced usage of Webpack and design patterns like SOLID. They are ought to be covered when building the upcoming personal web app side project.
The project idea is not yet completely decided but it's roughly gonna be a blog coded from scratch with Vue.js (Yet to learn), and all the other tooling and stack I've come across through course and other materials. It will include additional components like a commenting system, a minimal Ask Me Anything forum just to itch and practise out all that I've learnt in theory till now.
Winter is Coming, and this time it's for code 🍻